Information we collect from you We collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide when you register for the Service. In order to register as a user of the Service you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorise us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile, name, email address, birthday, friend list, and photographs;
- information that you provide while using the Service including financial information provided for in-app purchases;
- content which you upload to the Service such as photos, videos, live videos, comments, links and other materials;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Service;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Service or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Service for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- BeLive username, email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or certain aspects of the Service.
When you access or use the Service, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or device you use, any website from which you have come to the Service and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing the Service and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
When you visit access or use the Service, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer or device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Service (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close or exit the Service. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Service and will last for longer.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the Service; and
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Service (including how long you spend on the Service) and where you have come to the Service from, so that we can improve the Service and learn which parts of the Service and which functions of the Service are most popular with users.
Some of the cookies used by the Service are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Service, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Service.
How we use the information we collect
We will use the information you provide to: - deliver the Service;
- enable us to provide you with the products, services and information offered through the Service and which you request;
- administer your account with us and communicate with you;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to in-app purchases which you make on the Service;
- monitor and analyse trends and usage;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Service and customise the content shown to you;
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain our products and services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services;
- enforce our End User Licence Agreement and other usage policies;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- automatically participate in our Newsletter Subscription. You may choose to edit your newsletter preferences thereafter.
Who we share your information with We may share information about you in the following ways:
- When you register as a user of the Service, the information which you make available on your user profile may be viewed by other users of the Service. Other users of the Service will also be able to view the content which you upload to the Service.
- We may share your personal information with our affiliates and with third party service providers who assist us providing the Service and/or who perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- In the event that we are involved in a transaction involving the purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of our company or a portion of our company or of any of the business or assets of our company, we may share your personal information with the parties involved in the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Service or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
WE may disclose aggregate statistics about users of the Service and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
Comments and Chats The Service allows users to comment on content which is shared by other users, and to communicate with other users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Child safety Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We restrict the use of the Service to individuals of at least 18 years and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information of individuals under the age of 18 years.
Third party sites The Service may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies for these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your personal information may be used by those third parties.
Updating and accessing your information You may review and update your personal information within the Service by opening your account and visiting the "Settings" page for your account.
Security We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Service whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Changes BeLive reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.